ForestDweller ForestDweller : Marriage System that affects girls

Well,i\'ve witnessed the girls of India being dragged into \'a situation they don\'t like\' by their parents.i.e- marriage system.There\'s nothing wrong in marriage as it\'s a personal choice but what is disturbing is how a society looks at marriage ,especially in India. I think girls lack freedom in rural area.I\'m not saying that they should be free to do whatever they want. It is because there\'s a discipline but parents should at least respect some opinions of girls about marriage.

There are some factors that determine the mind set of Indian society about marriage.
1- Parents think that marriage can change their kids and make them disciplined.
2-People view it as a license to show love because love before marriage is considered taboo.
3-According to popular philosophy , it\'s a ritual.It\'s stage every adult has to go through. Girls are never given a chance to actually develop an opinion on marriage.
4-People start criticising the parents of a girl who stays single up to 30 years of age.So the fear of staying single maybe a case
5- There\'s a dowry system(but nowadays people are aware i guess)

From the above reasons we can conclude that the girls, especially in a rural area feel uncomfortable as they enter a life long commitment just for the sake of escaping their parents house.
In India settling down in life for a guy means - Make money ,obey parents& get married according to what they want. For girls,it\'s simply obeying parents. Share your view. Thank you

Replies: 4 - Views: 265

ForestDweller ForestDweller:

Well,i\'ve witnessed the girls of India being dragged into \'a situation they don\'t like\' by their parents.i.e- marriage system.There\'s nothing wrong in marriage as it\'s a personal choice but what is disturbing is how a society looks at marriage ,especially in India. I think girls lack freedom in rural area.I\'m not saying that they should be free to do whatever they want. It is because there\'s a discipline but parents should at least respect some opinions of girls about marriage.

There are some factors that determine the mind set of Indian society about marriage.
1- Parents think that marriage can change their kids and make them disciplined.
2-People view it as a license to show love because love before marriage is considered taboo.
3-According to popular philosophy , it\'s a ritual.It\'s stage every adult has to go through. Girls are never given a chance to actually develop an opinion on marriage.
4-People start criticising the parents of a girl who stays single up to 30 years of age.So the fear of staying single maybe a case
5- There\'s a dowry system(but nowadays people are aware i guess)

From the above reasons we can conclude that the girls, especially in a rural area feel uncomfortable as they enter a life long commitment just for the sake of escaping their parents house.
In India settling down in life for a guy means - Make money ,obey parents& get married according to what they want. For girls,it\'s simply obeying parents. Share your view. Thank you *

14-02-17 - 12:06:17

Mirage Mirage:

I think your point of vew in this matter is absolutely right . I just want to say one thing more . that not only in rural area but also in so called enlightened modern well educated society in India, even in this 2017, has the same pont of view mostly over marriage system specially concern the girls. *

14-02-17 - 12:36:07

Doll_mandy Doll_mandy:

A girl should be financially independent to save herself from odd situation. Let the society speak bad things about you , you just believe in yourself. Marriage is not the solution of a problm. Until you are mentally prepared to marry someone , never indulge urself in marriage. This is what I think for every girl. If a girl is not weak when it comes to child birth and many tough things of life then why a girl say num for her rights and give up fights with society. *

14-02-17 - 12:40:51

Helohelo Helohelo:

How crisply represented here(gup)
Sometimes it is terrifying to think about marriage because of the rules and the so called disciplined daughter in law I have to become.
But it is all a circus to me. While it should be a harmonious union of a couple. *

24-04-17 - 12:18:50

Black_Widow Black_Widow:

Girls shouldn\'t ever be pressurised, forced or bullied into marriage by anyone. I dislike arranged marriages. *

15-05-17 - 23:20:46

1/1

Extra Mobile Fun Discussions

Discussion- Ten Minutes For Country, Lets Have Fun - Proposed By Donkey , Movies Tv - Reality Show,

Best Blog World Additions

Diwaar e Meherbaani: Wall of Kindness, ODE TO THE FE-MALE , Hmmmm DnT ExAcTLy KNw What To NAme This BlOG U CaN SuggEst ,

RockChat Topic Lists

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 |

Register Register if you find Marriage System that affects girls to be interesting and worthy of participation. You will find more such topics in our mobile forum. Join in the fun!

RockChat.Net > Mobile Forum > GENERAL TOPICS > Marriage System that affects girls

© Private mobile talk